Lees je liever in het Nederlands? Klik mij!
About TWTG Research & Development
We specialize in smart embedded electronics. We’ve created everything from an open source health tracker to an energy harvesting circuit that’s ideal for connected hardware.
We don’t believe in building everything at once – so we’ve hacked the software prototype development process (the same one that NASA uses), tweaking it slightly for our hardware projects. Why? Because an iterative, trial-and-error approach works best for us. It allows us to create minimum viable products in a short period of time and incrementally improve live prototypes following user feedback.
Be ready to enroll in a team that consists of embedded engineers, industrial designers and software developers. Together, we turn the coolest projects into reality for clients such as Dell, PostNL, ERIKS and our own start-ups that use all new types of technology such as The Things Network and Tryst Energy. Next to that, we pay special attention in maintaining our culture of learning new stuff everyday, being and staying ahead of the curve and challenging each other in a friendly atmosphere and in our kick-ass company events.
You, the Hardware Lead
You, the Embedded Hardware Lead, will be our captain of the hardware team. Due the amount of experience you have gathered over the past years you’re the go-to-person for embedded hardware problems. You know your way around digital and analog circuitry. Your main tasks are coaching your embedded hardware colleagues, analyzing potential risks and overseeing multiple projects. You can easily adapt to different projects and don’t mind making those hard decisions.
You are in charge, but with great power comes great responsibility :-).
Working on multiple challenging projects
Working at TWTG isn’t working on 1 single project for months, but you will be working on challenging projects in different fields every week. You could be deeply invested in logistics in the first part of the week; to support your colleagues with their challenges to implement that next generation of connectivity standards. And the second half you’re at the client helping them decide which decision is most feasible. Every day is truly different.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- Responsibility and alternation;
- Informal working atmosphere in Rotterdam;
- Working multidisciplinary in-house;
- Working on high diversity of projects
- Great lunch.
What we’re looking for
- Embedded Hardware Engineer (HBO / WO);
- 5+ years of experience in the field;
- You are an expert in the field of embedded hardware, but also know enough about embedded software;
- Iterative design is something that’s tailor made for you;
- Experience in leading development projects;
- Experience in connected hardware projects;
- Knows (and accepts) the trade-off’s involved in engineering (preferably multidisciplinary: hardware/software/mechanical);
- Is open minded and selects the right tool for each project;
- Knows how to balance innovation & organisational risk taking;
- You speak sufficient English, but geen zorgen we spreken ook gewoon Nederlands;
- Our preference is for full-time occupancy.
How to apply?
Simply by filling in the form below (fastest way possible). If you are allergic to forms or want to attach your CV, a letter, have a cool e-mail template you desire to use or something else – e-mail us at jobs[at]twtg.io !